Senior Environment Artist (Contract)
Games Jobs - Art / Animation - London
|Job Title||Senior Environment Artist (Contract)|
|Job Category||Art / Animation|
|Job Description||Senior Environment Artist (Contract)
My client is a household name and one of the leading games companies in the world. Their reputation is second to none; providing advanced hardware that enables the most talented developers to produce vanguard titles and set new standards in interactive entertainment. With a goal to make a wealth of products that completely changes the definition of home entertainment.
Overview of the job:
They are looking for an experienced and highly motivated Senior Environment Artist to join their world-class development team on a contract basis. This is a great opportunity for you to join their team of experienced artists working together to deliver next-generation environment assets.
• Creating environment and prop assets to a high level of skill and ability within a predefined art style
• Hit established technical or quality benchmarks without supervision for all environment work
• Able to take ownership of distinct areas & work through complex areas of work with little to no supervision
• Proactive in being aware of industry knowledge and highlighting examples of technical and quality benchmarks in current environment asset creation
• Ability to independently plan, brief, review & integrate outsource environment and prop work
• Contributes to ideas for development of the environment department, projects and team
• Able to identify personal growth and be proactive in following a self-development plan
• Mentorship to junior environment team members
• Proactive in driving internal communication and inspiration within the environment team
• Very high level of modeling, texturing, and UV mapping skills including high detail modeling techniques in Maya, Zbrush, Photoshop (or equivalent 3D and 2D programs) with an attention to modeling relevant detail when creating environment assets
• Strong understanding of the principles of form, composition, color and lighting.
• Ability to independently plan, brief, review & integrate outsource work.
• Strong creative and technical problem solving skills
• The ability to meet deadlines and to work to a technical and time budget for assets
• Strong time management abilities, able to self-direct and maintain a sustainable predictable art delivery process.
• Proactive in being aware of industry knowledge and the competitive market
• Ability to highlight examples of inspirational work that pushes technical and quality benchmarks
• Able to take direction and feedback from the team Supervisors and Directors
• Proactive and self-motivated team player who works well in a collaborative environment.
• Excellent communication skills - artistic, verbal, and written.
For more information on this role or to apply for the position, please contact Simon Hope at Aardvark Swift on +44 (0) 1709 834777 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
|Salary||£Negotiable day rate|
|Job Category||Art / Animation|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Aardvark Swift using their internal reference 8782_SH95SEA.|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|