|Job Title||Gameplay Programmer|
|Location||Atlantic Canada, Canada|
|Job Description|| Gameplay Programmer
Located on the East Coast of Canada, my client has developed over 25 titles across a myriad of platforms. Having worked with all major current-gen consoles (Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and Nintendo Wii) as well as motion gaming with Kinect and PS3 Move. Their future points toward development on the coming wave of next-gen platforms.
They are now looking for a Gameplay Programmer to join their team.
Overview of the job:
As a Gameplay Programmer, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining high quality game systems. You will collaborate with programmers and designers to develop game features and functionality.
• Develop, document, test and maintain highly accessible game systems and features in collaboration with other programmers and designers
• Implement gameplay related functionality including controls, AI, NPC behaviours, camera movement and game mechanics
• Work with team members to iterate and refine gameplay systems
• Develop and optimize cutting edge game code on PC and next-generation consoles
• Design and implement efficient and maintainable code (primarily in C++ although C, C# or assembly language may be required)
• Troubleshoot gameplay related issues.
Requirements for the job:
• Passion and aptitude for game systems development
• Applied knowledge of AI, scripting and gameplay systems
• Proficiency in developing game mechanics
• Experience of interfacing with graphics, physics, animation, audio, and online systems, with more in-depth knowledge of at least one of these areas.
• Excellent understanding of performance sensitive programming (algorithmic and low level optimizations)
• Proficiency in Math/3D Algebra
• Strong object-oriented design skills and proficiency in C++ programming and debugging
More details are available by contacting Jake Perkins at Aardvark Swift via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Aardvark Swift using their internal reference 8351_JP05181GP.|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|