Wii Fit debuted at the top of Chart-Track's All Formats UK chart this week, recording an estimated GBP 16.3 million in sales.
Chart-Track estimates that Wii Fit was purchased by 1 in 10 Wii console owners over its first two days of release.
Those sales place the game behind GTA: San Andreas and Halo 3 in terms of the largest UK launch value - although to be fair Wii Fit retails for GBP 69.99. Even so, the game has eclipsed Nintendo's record-breaking launch of Mario Kart Wii set only two weeks ago.
Mario Kart Wii sales dropped some 62 per cent, but were still enough to keep the game in second place on the chart.
Last week's number ten game - Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock - was pushed down to number eleven, but the nine remaining titles from last week's Top Ten simply shuffled their positions.
The best-selling UK games for the week ending April 26 are:
- 1. Wii Fit
- 2. Mario Kart Wii
- 3. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games
- 4. Gran Turismo 5: Prologue
- 5. Pro Evolution Soccer 2008
- 6. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
- 7. Sega Superstars Tennis
- 8. Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training
- 9. UEFA EURO 2008 Austria-Switzerland
- 10. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2