Wii Fit sits top of the US software charts again following continued strong sales - the Balance Board title sold 644,000 units throughout the month of December, according to data from NPD.
However, that would have been beaten by Street Fighter IV if sales weren't broken down by format, as it sold 446,000 on the Xbox 360 and 403,000 on the PlayStation 2 - a total of 849,000 altogether.
Wii Play continued to sell extremely well, selling 386,000 units, while Killzone 2 took fifth place with 323,000.
Wii Mario Kart made the list once again in sixth place, followed by Call of Duty: World at War in seventh and Mario Kart DS in eighth.
New Super Mario Bros and Guitar Hero: World Tour completed the top ten line-up with Nintendo itself responsible for publishing five of those titles, while six in total were for Nintendo platforms.
Software sales overall were up 9 per cent over the same period in 2008 at USD 733.5 million, totalling USD 1.29 billion so far in 2009. Accessories sales was also up, by 13 per cent, passing USD 207 million.
The full top ten list is as follows:
- 1. Wii Fit (Wii): 644,000
- 2. Street Fighter IV (360): 446,000
- 3. Street Fighter IV (PS3): 403,000
- 4. Wii Play (Wii): 386,000
- 5. Killzone 2 (PS3): 323,000
- 6. Wii Mario Kart (Wii): 263,000
- 7. Call of Duty: World at War (360): 193,000
- 8. Mario Kart DS (DS): 145,000
- 9. New Super Mario Bros (DS): 144,000
- 10. Guitar Hero: World Tour (Wii): 136,000