The NPD Group has released its US software sales results for the month of May naming THQ's UFC 2009 Undisputed for the Xbox 360 the highest-selling videogame for the month.
UFC 2009 Undisputed - the first title THQ has published under its exclusive rights to the Ultimate Fighting Championship - sold 679,600 units on the Xbox 360 and 334,400 on the PlayStation 3, for a combined total of approximately 1,014,000 between is release date of May 19 and the NPD cut-off of May 30.
Wii Fit, in its thirteenth month on the market, came in second place at 352,800 units sold, outselling EA's debut fitness title, EA Sports, which premiered on May 19 and sold 345,800 units in eleven days.
Sony's inFamous for the PlayStation 3 also debuted this month, and charted in fifth place at 175,900 units sold. It should be noted however that the game premiered May 26, and these figures represent only four days on the market.
Two other debut titles charted on the top ten in May, with Nintendo's Punch-Out!! coming in 8th at 156,900 units and X-Men Origins: Wolverine for the Xbox 360 charting 9th at 120,700 units.
The rest of the chart consists of familiar Nintendo-published titles that have charted more or less since their respective debuts, including Pokémon Platinum Version for the Nintendo DS and Mario Kart Wii and Wii Play.
The top ten software sales chart follows:
- 01. UFC 2009 Undisputed (THQ, Xbox 360): 679,600 units sold
- 02. Wii Fit (Nintendo, Wii): 352,800
- 03. EA Sports Active (Electronic Arts, Wii): 345,800
- 04. UFC 2009 Undisputed (THQ, PlayStation 3): 334,400
- 05. inFamous (Sony, PlayStation 3): 175,900
- 06. Pokémon Platinum Version (Nintendo, DS): 168,900
- 07. Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo, Wii) 158,300
- 08. Punch-Out!! (Nintendo, Wii) 156,900
- 09: X-Men Origins: Wolverine (Activision, Xbox 360): 120,700
- 10: Wii Play (Nintendo, Wii): 109,800