Report Comment to a Moderator Our Moderators review all comments for abusive and offensive language, and ensure comments are from Verified Users only.
Please report a comment only if you feel it requires our urgent attention.
I understand, report it. Cancel


NCsoft reports 42% fall in net income

By James Lee

Wed 13 Aug 2008 2:30pm GMT / 10:30am EDT / 7:30am PDT

The company reports its financial results for the second quarter of 2008, with sales up 8 per cent


NCsoft is a leading developer and publisher of online games.

A gaming powerhouse with a global reach,...

NCsoft Europe

NCsoft, headquartered in Seoul, Korea, is the world's premier publisher and developer of massively multiplayer...

NCsoft has reported net income of KRW 6.1 billion (USD 5.9 million) - a fall of 42 per cent year-on-year in its results for the second quarter of the 2008 financial year.

Operating income was also down 25 per cent year-on-year to KRW 8 billion (USD 7.7 million), while pre-tax profit fell 31 per cent to KRW 10 billion (USD 9.7 million). However, the company did report a rise in sales of 7 per cent to KRW 81.2 billion (USD 78.6 million).

Lineage II brought in the most sales for the quarter at 34.7 billion (USD 33.6 million), followed by Lineage at KRW 28.1 billion (USD 27.2 million), City of Heroes & City of Villains with KRW 5.7 billion (USD 5.5 million), Guild Wars at KRW 5.1 billion (USD 4.9 million) and finally Richard Garriott's Tabula Rasa at KRW 2 billion (USD 1.9 million).

Korea drew in 58 per cent of sales revenue at KRW 46.6 billion (USD 44.5 million), with the remaining 42 per cent of the income generated worldwide.

Of that 42 per cent, 13 per cent came from North America with KRW 10.8 billion (USD 10.4 million), a decrease of 16 per cent year-on-year and 6 per cent from Europe at KRW 5.3 billion (USD 5.1 million), an increase of 16 per cent.

13 per cent of sales came from Japan, with KRW 10.7 billion (USD10.3 million), up 39 per cent, 4 per cent was from Taiwan at KRW 2.9 billion (USD 2.8 million), an increase of 2 per cent, and 6 per cent came from royalty income at KRW 4.7 billion (USD 4.5 million).

From Recommendations by Taboola

Login or register to post

Take part in the GamesIndustry community

Register now