The latest in the long-running Final Fantasy franchise has topped the Japanese charts according to data from Media Create — selling almost double the amount of units as its closest competitor.
Final Fantasy Tactics A2 for the DS has sold over 142,000 units on the first week of release. Banpresto's PS2 game Ar Tonelico is at number two in the charts, debuting with 72,000 sales.
The top ten best-selling games includes a total of seven new entries, with World Soccer Winning Eleven DS: Goal to Goal at number three (29,00 units sold), Sega's Ghost Squad for Wii at seven (20,000 units sold) and Capcom's God of War II at eight (17,000 units sold).
The full Japanese top ten follows:
1. Final Fantasy Tactics A2 (DS)
2. Ar Tonelico (PS2)
3. World Soccer Winning Eleven DS: Goal to Goal (DS)
4. Imabikisou (PS3)
5. DS Literature Collection (DS)
6. Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion (DS)
7. Ghost Squad (Wii)
8. God of War II (PSP)
9. DS Nishimura Kyotarou Suspense Detective Series: Deadly Intent (DS)
10. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Time Expedition Party (DS)