Sam Barlow's Her Story has won three prizes at the 2016 IMGA ceremony at GDC in San Francisco, taking home the trophies for Excellence in Storytelling, Innovation and the overall Grand Prix.
"Given the inherent, exhaustive games review process, sheer amount of submissions and credibility of the judging panel, the IMGA has inevitably been at the forefront of innovation and creativity," said IMGA founder Maarten Noyons. "This year again, the IMGA honors the hard work of thousands of developers and highlights the next generation of games to rise above."
A full list of the winners is below.
- Her Story by Sam Barlow (UK) in Excellence in Innovation
- Agar.io by Miniclip (UK) for the Best Multiplayer Game
- Smashy Road: Wanted by Bearbit Studios (Netherland) for the Best Quickplay Game
- Fallout Shelter by Bethesda Game Studio (USA) in Guilty Pleasure
- This War of Mine by 11 bit studios (Poland) for the Best Meaningful Play
- Badland 2 by Frogmind Games (Finland) in Excellence in Gameplay
- Her Story by Sam Barlow (UK) in Excellence in Storytelling
- Shadowmatic by Triada Studios (Armenia) in Best Technical Achievement
- Lumino City by State of Play Games (UK) in Excellence in Audio, Visual Art & Design
- Clash Royale by Supercell (Finland) for the Best Upcoming Game
- Land's End by ustwo (UK) for the Best VR Game