Yokai Watch 2 holds top spot in Japan
New release Yoshi's New Island settles for second place
Despite being a new entry, Yoshi's New Island was no match on the Japanese charts for Yokai Watch 2: Ganso / Honke which held on to the top spot.
In fact Yokai Watch 2 managed more than double the sales of Yoshi's New Island, which had to make do with second place.
- [3DS] Yokai Watch 2: Ganso / Honke - 180,880 (Lifetime sales - 1,829,533)
- [3DS] Yoshi's New Island - 58,285 (New entry)
- [Wii U] Mario Kart 8 - 18,129 (560,487)
- [PSV] Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines - 17,690 (111,465)
- [PSV] Tokyo New World Record: Operation Abyss - 15,242 (New entry)
In hardware the sales of the top device, the 3DS XL, stayed consistent with last week.
- 3DS XL - 31,789 (Last week - 31,192)
- PlayStation Vita - 21,875 (27,352)
- Wii U - 9,429 (8,209)
- PlayStation 3 - 7,175 (7,389)
- 3DS - 6,656 (6,185)
- PlayStation 4 - 5,581 (6,456)
- PlayStation Vita TV - 1,767 (2,249)
- PSP - 489 (556)
- Xbox 360 - 122 (129)
Charts collated by Media Create and published by Gematsu.
From GamesIndustry.biz Recommendations by Taboola