Yokai Watch 2 sells 1.3m in opening week
Rocks the top of the Japanese charts and boosts 3DS XL sales
It's all about Yokai Watch 2 on the Japanese charts; the game has sold a massive 1.3 million units in its first week on sale, and helped to boost sales of the 3DS XL by 33,617 compared to last week.
Not bad considering its predecessor, Yokai Watch, is still holding on to third place in the chart with a lifetime sales record of almost 1.2 million copies.
- [3DS] Yokai Watch 2: Ganso / Honke - 1,316,707 (New entry)
- [PSV] Freedom Wars - 20,617 (Lifetime sales - 252,665)
- [3DS] Yokai Watch - 19,153 (1,195,287)
- [Wii U] Mario Kart 8 - 15,143 (527,366)
- [3DS] Taiko Drum Master: Don and Katsu's Space-Time Great Adventure - 14,713 (92,220)
In hardware Vita also saw a significant rise in unit sales, up almost 20,500 on last week.
- 3DS XL - 55,531 (Last week - 21,914)
- PlayStation Vita - 38,907 (18,438)
- Wii U - 8,658 (9,961)
- PlayStation 3 - 7,763 (7,511)
- PlayStation 4 - 7,150 (7,876)
- 3DS - 6,425 (5,424)
- PlayStation Vita TV - 1,803 (2,217)
- PSP - 779 (1,579)
- Xbox 360 - 140 (180)
Charts collated by Media Create and published by Gematsu.
From GamesIndustry.biz Recommendations by Taboola