The latest game in the Persona series took number one in the Japanese software chart last week, selling more than 185,000 units.
Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth on 3DS was another win for the long-running franchise, and by proxy a win for Sega, which now owns its developer, Atlus. The only other new entry to make the top five was FuYu's emphatically titled Card Fight!! Vanguard Lock-On Victory!!, also on 3DS, which sold 32,000 copies and charted at four.
MachineGames' Wolfenstein: The New Order also snuck into the top ten, the PlayStation 4 version selling just under 7,500 units and finishing the week at eighth. However, had the PlayStation 3 version's 4,300 units been added to that amount it would have placed higher.
The software top ten is below, with lifetime sales in parentheses:
- [3DS] Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth (Atlus, 06/05/14) - 186,856 (New)
- [Wii U] Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo, 05/29/14) - 73,051 (398,943)
- [3DS] Yokai Watch (Level-5, 07/11/13) - 33,380 (1,054,257)
- [3DS] Card Fight!! Vanguard Lock-On Victory!! (FuRyu, 06/05/14) - 32,253 (New)
- [PS3] Pro Evolution Soccer 2014: Aoki Samurai no Chousen (Konami, 05/22/14) - 19,941 (83,003)
- [PS3] Mobile Suit Gundam Side Stories (Bandai Namco, 05/29/14) - 8,390 (90,438)
- [3DS] Pro Evolution Soccer 2014: Aoki Samurai no Chousen (Konami, 05/22/14) - 7,668 (36,696)
- [PS4] Wolfenstein: The New Order (Bethesda Softworks, 06/05/14) - 7,448 (New)
- [PS4] FIFA 14 World Class Soccer (EA, 02/22/14) - 5,126 (35,172)
-  Stranger of Sword City: White Palace (Experience, 06/05/14) - 5,060 (New)
In the hardware chart, the 3DS XL nudged the Wii U from the top spot it has called home since the release of Mario Kart 8. Nintendo's handheld has been the most popular hardware platform in Japan for months on end, and it is likely to be until the Wii U or the PlayStation 4 significantly improve their range of available software.
The full hardware chart is below, with the previous week's sales in parentheses:
- 3DS LL - 30,924 (18,776)
- Wii U - 13,766 (19,312)
- PlayStation Vita - 11,450 (12,859)
- PlayStation 4 - 9,466 (6,508)
- PSP - 9,365 (1,421)
- PlayStation 3 - 6,561 (6,922)
- 3DS - 5,346 (4,957)
- PlayStation Vita TV - 1,193 (1,098)
- Xbox 360 - 255 (225)
All charts courtesy of Media Create, and via Gematsu.