Pro Evo World Cup game tops Japanese chart
Konami's football tie-in sells a combined 60,000 units in its first week
Pro Evolution Soccer 2014's World Cup tie-in was the most popular game in Japan in a week defined by low sales.
The PlayStation 3 version of Konami's Pro Evolution Soccer 2014: Aoki Samurai no Chousen was the best-selling game overall, shifting 36,000 units, but the 3DS and PSP versions also made the top ten, pushing the combined total to almost 60,000 units for the week.
Konami may well view that as a win, but in the context of Japan - where the most popular games can sell in the hundreds of thousands at launch - it represents a slow week for sales.
Nevertheless, it was tight at the top: Infamous: Second Son also on PlayStation 4 narrowly missed out on number one by less than 1,000 sales.
The only real shift in the hardware chart was the Wii U climbing two places to third, though, again, the actual volume of sales (9,000 units) was relatively.
The software top ten is below, with lifetimes sales in parentheses:
- [PS3] Pro Evolution Soccer 2014: Aoki Samurai no Chousen (Konami, 05/22/14) - 35,656 (New)
- [PS4] inFAMOUS: Second Son (SCE, 05/22/14) - 34,801 (New)
- [3DS] Yokai Watch (Level-5, 07/11/13) - 33,974 (984,009)
- [PSV] To Love-Ru Darkness: Battle Ecstasy (FuRyu, 05/22/14) - 22,327 (New)
- [3DS] Pro Evolution Soccer 2014: Aoki Samurai no Chousen (Konami, 05/22/14) - 16,762 (New)
- [PS3] The Idolmaster: One For All (Bandai Namco, 05/15/14) - 12,488 (95,883)
- [PSV] Genkai Tokki: Moero Chronicle (Compile Heart, 05/15/14) - 9,492 (42,450)
- [PSV] Amnesia World (Idea Factory, 05/22/14) - 8,650 (New)
- [PSP] Pro Evolution Soccer 2014: Aoki Samurai no Chousen (Konami, 05/22/14) - 7,245 (New)
- [3DS] Mario Golf: World Tour (Nintendo, 05/01/14) - 7,069 (93,279)
The hardware chart is below, with the previous week's sales in parentheses:
- 3DS LL - 18,374 (18,350)
- PlayStation Vita - 14,070 (12,810)
- Wii U - 9,024 (6,716)
- PlayStation 3 - 7,565 (7,339)
- PlayStation 4 - 7,543 (6,792)
- 3DS - 4,850 (5,250)
- PSP - 1,479 (1,642)
- PlayStation Vita TV - 1,142 (1,055)
- Xbox 360 - 202 (201)
Charts courtesy of Media Create, via Gematsu.