The Writers Guild of America has revealed its nominations for its Outstanding Achievement In Video Game Writing award, focusing firmly on AAA franchises.
The nominees are:
- Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, Story by Darby McDevitt, Mustapha Mahrach, Jean Guesdon; Lead Scriptwriter Darby McDevitt; Scriptwriter Jill Murray; AI Scriptwriter Nicholas Grimwood; Scriptwriter Singapore Mark Llabres Hill; Ubisoft
- Batman: Arkham Origins, Narrative Director Dooma Wendschuh; Writer & Senior Narrative Designer Ryan Galletta; Writer Corey May; Warner Bros. Interactive
- God of War: Ascension, Written by Marianne Krawczyk; Additional Writing Ariel Lawrence; Sony Computer Entertainment
- The Last of Us, Written by Neil Druckmann; Sony Computer Entertainment
- Lost Planet 3, Head Writer Richard Gaubert; Writers Orion Walker, Matt Sophos; Capcom
The award is open to members of the WGA Videogame Writers Caucus and must have been released December 1, 2012 and November 30, 2013. It'll be judged by a WGA panel and the results will be announced February 1 at a special ceremony.
Last year's winner was Assassin's Creed III: Liberation, with scriptwriting by Richard Farrese and Jill Murray.