Move over Mario, it's Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII that takes the top spot on the Japanese software chart this week. Fellow new entry Super Mario 3D World for Wii U could only manage second place, beaten by nearly 180,000 units.
- [PS3] Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - 277,082 (New entry)
- [Wii U] Super Mario 3D World - 99,588 (New entry)
- [3DS] One Piece: Unlimited World R - 83,605 (New entry)
- [3DS] Pokemon X and Y - 72,932 (Lifetime sales - 3,002,738)
- [3DS] Aikatsu! 2-ri no My Princess - 72,087 (New entry)
In hardware the PlayStation Vita has managed to hold fast to second place, despite a significant drop in sales compared to last week. But nothing can beat the 3DS XL, especially when it saw almost 16,000 more sales this week.
- 3DS XL - 63,709 (Last week - 47,852)
- PlayStation Vita - 21,044 (46,350)
- Wii U - 21,002 (15,906)
- 3DS - 20,797 (22,250)
- PlayStation 3 - 12,436 (12,019)
- PlayStation Vita TV - 7,868 (42,172)
- PSP - 3,546 (4,353)
- Wii - 457 (518)
- Xbox 360 - 342 (404)
Charts collated by Media Create and published by Gematsu.