Call of Duty: Ghosts held its own against competition from Lego Marvel Super Heroes to stay at the top of the UK chart for another week.
Activision's seemingly indestructible franchise enjoyed a strong second week despite its PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 sales declining by around 79 per cent each. Call of Duty: Ghosts was helped significantly by the Xbox One, which contributed a significant proportion of total sales even a week ahead of its launch.
However, EA's shooter rival, Battlefield 4, continued its slide down the chart, tumbling from second place to finish the week at fifth - behind both FIFA 14 and Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag.
The highest new entry was Lego Marvel Super Heroes, which replaced Battlefield 4 in second place. Warner Bros. Interactive's comic-book themed title had the second strongest launch week for a Lego game in the UK, behind Lego Indiana Jones.
The full chart is below:
- 1. Call of Duty: Ghosts
- 2. Lego marvel Super Heroes
- 3. FIFA 14
- 4. Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag
- 5. Battlefield 4
- 6. Grand Theft Auto V
- 7. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
- 8. Skylanders Swap Force
- 9. Batman: Arkham Origins
- 10. Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy
- 11. Just Dance 2014
- 12. WWE 2K14
- 13. Disney Infinity
- 14. Football Manager 2014
- 15. Pokemon Y
- 16. Pokemon X
- 17. Tomb Raider
- 18. Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
- 19. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
- 20. Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Thanks, Gfk Chart-Track.