Wii U sees Japanese chart boost
Shifts 39,000 units thanks to Wii Party U release
New Nintendo game Wii Party U might only have entered the Japanese software chart at 6 with 37,371 sales, but its release had a big impact on console sales, pushing the Wii U up to second place in the hardware rankings.
- 3DS XL - 58,627 (Last week - 69,001)
- Wii U - 38,802 (2,598)
- 3DS - 29,749 (40,507)
- PlayStation Vita - 27,618 (24,513)
- PlayStation 3 - 11,148 (11,460)
- PSP - 3,680 (3,807)
- Wii - 477 (742)
- Xbox 360 - 328 (351)
Elsewhere on the software chart there was one new entry at 3 for Danball Senki Wars, but the combined sales of Pokemon titles Pokemon X and Y kept the franchise on top in Japan.
- [3DS] Pokemon X and Y - 162,347 (Lifetime sales - 2,731,470)
- [PS3] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2013 - 52,826 (136,709)
- [3DS] Danball Senki Wars - 50,217 (New entry)
- [3DS] Monster Hunter 4 - 46,729 (2,872,106)
- [PSP] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2013 - 38,179 (74,181)
Charts collated by Media Create and published by Gematsu.
From GamesIndustry.biz Recommendations by Taboola