GTA V surpasses GTA IV lifetime sales after three weeks in UK
Becomes fifth biggest seller of all time in terms of revenue in UK market
Rockstar and Take-Two's Grand Theft Auto V has surpassed lifetime sales of its predecessor in the UK after only three weeks on sale.
The game has now become the 12th biggest selling game of all time in the market, and the fifth in terms of revenue behind four Call of Duty games from Activision.
EA's FIFA 14 retains its number one position in the UK charts this week, although sales are down 68 per cent. GTA V sales are down 34 per cent compared to last week.
New entries this week include Codemasters' F1 2013 at three and The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD at four.
2K Games' NBA 2K14 breaks the top ten at seven, as does Ubisoft's Just Dance 2014 at nine.
The top 20 follows:
- 01 FIFA 14
- 02 Grand Theft Auto V
- 03 F1 2013
- 04 The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
- 05 Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
- 06 Disney Infinity
- 07 NBA 2K14
- 08 Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist
- 09 Just Dance 2014
- 10 Pro Evolution Soccer 2014
- 11 Saints Row IV
- 12 The Last of US
- 13 Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
- 14 Max Payne 3
- 15 Diablo III
- 16 Call of Duty Black Ops 2
- 17 Rayman Legends
- 18 Animal Crossing New Leaf
- 19 Tomb Raider
- 20 Medal of Honor: Warfighter