It won't surprise anyone that knows anything about games that Monster Hunter 4 entered the Japanese chart at number one this week, and gave both the 3DS and 3DS XL a significant sales boost too.
Earlier this week Capcom reported it had shipped over 2 million copies of the game, a figure that combined physical and digital sales.
- [3DS] Monster Hunter 4 - 1,715,060 (New entry)
- [PS3] AKB1/149 Renai Sousenkyo - 27,052 (New entry)
- [PSP] Brothers Conflict: Brilliant Blue - 15,297 (New entry)
- [3DS] Tomodachi Collection: New Life - 10,530 (Lifetime sales - 1,431,527)
- [PSP] Uta no Prince-sama: Music 2 - 10,343 (78,758)
In hardware both the 3DS XL and 3DS rode high on the extra attention, with 3DS XL sales up 176,623 on last week, and the 3DS up by 20,987.
- 3DS XL - 236,700 (Last week - 60,077)
- 3DS - 40,092 (19,114)
- PlayStation 3 - 12,146 (13,790)
- PlayStation Vita - 6,020 (7,314)
- PSP - 5,449 (5,493)
- Wii U - 5,003 (5,702)
- Wii - 962 (978)
- Xbox 360 - 244 (201)
Charts collated by Media Create and published by Gematsu.