Dragon Quest topples Animal Crossing in Japan
New 3DS title sells 872,922 in week one
It seems Japan is finally starting to tire of interior design and mortgage payments, as new entry Dragon Quest VII: Warriors of Eden knocked Animal Crossing: New Leaf off the top of the software charts.
The top 5 was dominated by 3DS titles, led by the new Dragon Quest which sold 872,922 in its first week after shipping 1 million units.
- [3DS] Dragon Quest VII: Warriors of Eden - 872,922 (New entry)
- [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf - 81,559 (Lifetime sales - 2,513,424)
- [3DS] Fantasy Life - 13,342 (221,720)
- [3DS] New Super Mario Bros. 2 - 11,685 (1,910,708)
- [3DS] Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - 10,523 (218,097)
While on the hardware charts sales of the 3DS XL and 3DS both saw growth, with 37396 and 12617 more sold than last week respectively.
- 3DS XL - 89,050 (Last week - 51,654)
- 3DS - 38,645 (26,028)
- PlayStation 3 - 17,004 (18,106)
- Wii U - 12,185 (12,959)
- PSP - 11,056 (12,191)
- PlayStation Vita - 8,762 (9,596)
- Wii - 1,945 (1,904)
- Xbox 360 - 593 (870)
Charts collated by Media Create and via Gematsu.
From GamesIndustry.biz Recommendations by Taboola