Animal Crossing stays on top in Japan
While 3DS sees sales rise at the top of the hardware charts
PlayStation 3 game PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale was a new entry at 5 on the Japanese software charts this week, leaving Animal Crossing: New Leaf to enjoy another week at number one.
- [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf - 65,740
- [3DS] Fantasy Life - 20,606
- [PS3] DmC Devil May Cry - 15,157
- [3DS] New Super Mario Bros. 2 - 12,546
- [PS3] PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - 11,758 (New entry)
In hardware the Nintendo 3DS XL still proved impossible to beat, staying at number one with over 51,600 units sold. It's nearest competitor, the 3DS, trailed 25,626 units behind.
- 3DS XL - 51,654 (Last week - 48,226)
- 3DS - 26,028 (26,898)
- PlayStation 3 - 18,106 (18,322)
- Wii U - 12,959 (13,746)
- PSP - 12,191 (12,897)
- PlayStation Vita - 9,596 (9,748)
- Wii - 1,904 (2,093)
- Xbox 360 - 870 (611)
Charts collated by Media Create and via Gematsu.