Animal Crossing still Japan's #1
And 3DS is still topping the country's hardware charts
It seems Japan just can't get enough of paying off mortgages and hunting for bugs, because Animal Crossing: New Leaf is yet again the country's biggest seller. It's now hit lifetime sales of over 2.3 million.
- [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf - 82,370 (Lifetime sale - 2,366,126)
- [PS3] DmC Devil May Cry - 31,627 (142,056)
- [PSP] Gintama no Sugoroku - 27,011 (New)
- [PSV] Demon Gaze - 25,316 (New)
- [3DS] Fantasy Life - 25,042 (187,772)
And it was same old, same old at the top of the hardware chart too, with Nintendo 3DS simply refusing to relinquish its grip. All devices except the PlayStation Vita saw a drop in sales.
- 3DS XL - 48,226 (Last week - 51,015)
- 3DS - 26,898 (30,840)
- PlayStation 3 - 18,322 (19,697)
- Wii U - 13,746 (16,654)
- PSP - 12,897 (15,343)
- PlayStation Vita - 9,748 (9,036)
- Wii - 2,093 (2,199)
- Xbox 360 - 611 (706)
Charts collated by Media Create, and published by Gematsu.
From GamesIndustry.biz Recommendations by Taboola