The Independent Games Festival has picked eight games from over 300 entries to name as Student Showcase winners.
The winning games, listed below, each score a $1,000 prize for its developer and a spot on the show floor at GDC in March. One game will also be named Best Student Game at the Independent Games Festival Awards on March 27, an honour that comes with a $3,000 prize.
- ATUM (NHTV IGAD)
- Back to Bed (Danish Academy of Digital Interactive Entertainment)
- Blackwell's Asylum (Danish Academy of Digital Interactive Entertainment)
- Farsh (NHTV IGAD)
- Knights of Pen & Paper (IESB - Instituto de Ensino Superior de Brasilia & UnB - Universidade de Brasilia)
- the mindfulxp volume (Carnegie Mellon University Entertainment Technology Center)
- Pulse (Vancouver Film School)
- Zineth (Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute)
Last year's Best Student Game was Way by Coco & Co.