Nintendo the big winner on Japanese charts
Owns the top three for hardware and software
Media Create has stopped tracking sales of the PlayStation 2, but Japanese consumers didn't seem that bothered about it anyway, instead concentrating their cash on Nintendo hardware.
The 3DS XL, 3DS and Wii U dominated the top three on the hardware sales chart, despite Wii U seeing a slight drop in sales on last week.
- 3DS XL - 156,184 (Last week 150,581)
- 3DS - 123,075 (99,264)
- Wii U - 67,083 (69,386)
- PlayStation 3 - 64,352 (53,222)
- PSP - 54,873 (41,914)
- PlayStation Vita - 33,309 (20,492)
- Wii - 5,632 (6,741)
- Xbox 360 - 1,893 (1,986)
In software it was a similar story, with the entire top five made up of games for Nintendo machines, and four of them published by Nintendo itself. In fact, 17 of the top 20 were titles for a Nintendo device.
- [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf - 133,134
- [3DS] New Super Mario Bros. 2 - 90,264
- [3DS] Paper Mario: Sticker Star - 68,262
- [3DS] Inazuma Eleven Go 2: Chrono Stone Reimei / Neppuu - 51,519
- [Wii U] New Super Mario Bros. U - 50,319
Charts via Gematsu.
From GamesIndustry.biz Recommendations by Taboola