Black Ops 2 a hit on Japanese charts
Over 219,000 copies of Activision shooter sold
This week saw the release of Call of Duty: Black Ops II in Japan, where the PS3 version of the title made it to number 2 in the software charts.
At first glance Animal Crossing: New Leaf still has the top spot, but the Japanese charts split release by format. The Activision shooter sold just over 197,000 units on PlayStation 3 and 22,000 on Xbox 360 in Japan, over 219,000 in total, which was enough to beat Animal Crossing. The Xbox version made it into the chart at number 6.
- [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf - 213,414
- [PS3] Call of Duty: Black Ops II 197,350 (New entry)
- [3DS] Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Magna Gate and the Infinity Labyrinth - 121,480 (New entry)
- [PS3] Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational - 100,862 (New entry)
- [3DS] New Super Mario Bros. 2 - 34,971
On the hardware charts the PlayStation see saw a rise in units sold, but still came in behind the 3DS XL and the 3DS. Sales of the PlayStation Vita fell, and the handheld still lags behind its predecessor, the PSP, by a considerable number of units.
- 3DS XL - 101,667 ( Last week - 117,435)
- 3DS - 60,410 (51,441)
- PlayStation 3 - 34,167 (17,035)
- PSP - 16,903 (12,217)
- PlayStation Vita - 9,712 (13,091)
- Wii - 3,590 (3,001)
- Xbox 360 - 1,495 (2,063)
- PS2 - 747 (723)
- DSi - 241 (196)
- DSi LL - 211 (157)
Charts collated by Media Create and published by Gematsu.