3DS and Pokemon stay on top of Japanese charts
Nintendo handheld 30,000 ahead of closest rival
It was another good week for Nintendo as the 3DS stayed atop of the Japanese hardware charts and Pokemon Black & White 2 dominated software.
The Enterbrain chart for July 9 - 15, published by Famitsu and translated by Andriasang, showed a slight drop in sales for the Nintendo 3DS, but it's still more than 30,000 units ahead of its nearest competitor, the PlayStation 3. PlayStation's latest machine, the Vita, was at 3 with 11,388.
- Nintendo 3DS - 46,633 (51,930)
- PlayStation 3 - 15,218 (14,297)
- PlayStation Vita - 11,388 (11,544)
- PSP - 11,170 (10,627)
- Wii - 6,660 (6,654)
- Xbox 360 - 686 (711)
- Nintendo DSi - 430 (455)
- PlayStation 2 - 451 (474)
In software Pokemon Black & White 2's success brought its lifetime sales to 2,331,128 units, while there were new releases from Taiko Drum Master Chibi Dragon And The Mysterious Orb at 2 and Pocket Soccer League Calciobit at 3.
At 8 was a new entry for Time Travelers on Vita, followed closely at 9 by the Nintendo 3DS version. Vita shooter Resistance entered at 15.
- Pokemon Black & White 2 - NDS
- Taiko Drum Master Chibi Dragon And The Mysterious Orb - 3DS
- Pocket Soccer League Calciobit - 3DS
- Little Battler eXperience Baku Boost - 3DS
- Dragon Quest Monsters Terry's Wonderland 3D - 3DS
- Toriko Gourmet Survival 2 - PSP
- Etrian Odyssey IV - 3DS
- Time Travelers - PS Vita
- Time Travelers - 3DS
- Mario Party 9 - Wii