The Nintendo 3DS has scored yet another week at the top of the Japanese hardware chart, and has seen a significant boost in sales thanks to the release of Dragon Quest Monsters Terry's Wonderland 3D.
3DS sales for May 28 to June 3 jumped from 55,212 to 101,075, while all other hardware sales stayed fairly static. PlayStation 3 was in second place, with PSP in third. Vita, the newest console on the chart, still lagged at fourth, despite managing a small bump in sales from 6675 to 7551.
- Nintendo 3DS - 101,075
- Sony PlayStation 3 - 14,799
- Sony PSP - 10,547
- Sony PlayStation Vita - 7,551
- Nintendo Wii - 5,825
- Microsoft Xbox 360 - 2,719
- Sony PlayStation 2 - 1,106
- Nintendo DSi XL - 665
- Nintendo DSi - 379
In the software chart Dragon Quest Monsters Terry's Wonderland 3D sold 513,183 in its first week on sale, with a special bundle featuring a Slime themed 3DS available for fans.
- Dragon Quest Monsters Terry's Wonderland 3D - 3DS - 513,183
- Dragon's Dogma - PS3 - 82,985
- Mario Tennis Open - 3DS - 41,479
- Mario Party 9 - Wii -19,627
- Guild 01 - 3DS - 14,790
All figures courtesy of Media Create, and published through Andriasang