Sections

Date set for West and Zampella court case

Ex-Infinity Ward pair to face Activision in court on May 7

Ex-Infinity Ward founders Jason West and Vince Zampella will take their case against Activision to court on May 7.

"I'm really looking forward to having our day in Court," Zampella told Forbes.

West and Zampella filed a lawsuit against the Modern Warfare publisher in March last year, claiming breach of contract and wrongful termination.

West and Zampella are suing for $125 million in Modern Warfare 2 royalties. Activision is counter suing the pair, and EA, for $400 million.

The trial will take place in Los Angeles.

Since their dismissal from Infinity Ward West and Zampella have formed Respawn Entertainment, an independent game studio with around 60 employees. It's currently working on a new IP with EA.

"We have new and exciting creativity and development going on at Respawn, to be announced in the future," said West.

West and Zampella will appear at the 3D Gaming and Beyond Summit in LA on September 22.

Related stories

Overwatch League attracts 10m viewers in its first week

Average audience of 408,000 per minute for opening day, concurrent viewers peaks at 437,000

By James Batchelor

Activision-Hasbro deal expires, Transformers games pulled from digital stores

War for Cybertron, Transformers Devastation and more no longer available to buy as download

By James Batchelor

Latest comments (2)

Kevin Clark-Patterson Lecturer in Games Development, Lancaster and Morecambe College6 years ago
Finally...
0Sign inorRegisterto rate and reply
Tyler Moore Game Designer & Unity Developer 6 years ago
Quite the David and Goliath story from what I've read. Hopefully in the end justice prevails, and not the company willing to lose the most money.
0Sign inorRegisterto rate and reply

Sign in to contribute

Need an account? Register now.