Free workshop for indie startups in Dundee
Revolver and Interactive Tayside to host free guidance session for local developers
Revolver PR will be hosting a free workshop for developers looking to establish their own independent studios in Dundee, taking place from 12pm, August 31, in the city's Scottish Enterprise office.
Aimed primarily at members of the local companies who have lost their jobs in recent cuts and closures, the workshop is also open to existing indie studios and will offer advice on getting a studio up and running, finding funding, marketing a product, protecting IP and getting a finished game to market.
"The most exciting and innovative areas in the games market are those in the independent areas, where smaller companies are targeting new platforms and digital distribution channels," said head of interactive entertainment at Revolver, Brian Baglow.
"However starting a new company can be daunting, so we've lined up a wide range of experts, who can provide insight into all the areas a new studio will face, from the very basic business essentials, through to publishing your first game and making sure people know about it."
- Scottish Enterprise - How to start up your own interactive business
- Abertay University - Funding for games, the IP fund
- Murray Buchanan Associates - Protecting Your Intellectual Property
- Ludometrics - Digital distribution options
- Revolver PR - Telling the world, make sure your game sells
- Dundee College - Making sure you have the skills you need
- Blitz 1Up - Support and advice for indie start-ups
Each speakers will talk about their subject, before taking questions and staging sessions for those wanting more information.
Anyone interested in booking one of the limited number of places should contact Revolver PR.